A Chiropractor, or Doctor of chiropractic medicine, is a licensed medical professional who specializes in diagnosing and treating disorders of the musculoskeletal and nervous system, especially in the spine.
A chiropractor is a doctor of the medical field associated with the diagnosis and manipulative therapy of misaligned and dysfunctional joints. This physician is particularly trained to examine, treat, manage, and prevent ailments in the musculoskeletal system.
Chiropractic care works to bring healing to the body through the care of the body’s neuromuscular and musculoskeletal systems. Chiropractic adjustments work by helping to place your body in the proper position that then allows the body to heal itself. One of the key focuses of chiropractic care is realigning the spine and thereby reducing pressure placed on sensitive nerves, which can contribute to dysfunction of the central nervous system. A chiropractor is a health care professional focused on the diagnosis and treatment of neuromuscular disorders, with an emphasis on treatment through manual adjustment and/or manipulation of the spine. Most chiropractors seek to reduce pain and improve the functionality of patients as well as to educate them on how they can account for their own health via exercise, ergonomics and other therapies to treat back pain.
Chiropractic is generally categorized as alternative medicine or complementary medicine.
Chiropractors: Fundamental Beliefs and Goals
Chiropractors focus on the intimate relationship between the nervous system and spine, and hold true the following beliefs:
• Biomechanical and structural derangement of the spine can affect the nervous system
• For many conditions, chiropractic treatment can restore the structural integrity of the spine, reduce pressure on the sensitive neurological tissue, and consequently improve the health of the individual.
• Chiropractic is a health care profession dedicated to the non-surgical treatment of disorders of the nervous system and/or musculoskeletal system. Generally, chiropractors maintain a unique focus on spinal manipulation and treatment of surrounding structures.
• Many studies have concluded that manual therapies commonly used by chiropractors are generally effective for the treatment of lower back pain , as well as for treatment of lumbar herniated disc for radiculopathy3,4 and neck pain, among other conditions.
• When patients with non-specific chronic low back pain are treated by chiropractors, the long-term outcome is enhanced by obtaining maintenance spinal manipulation after the initial intensive manipulative therapy.
How Power Health and Wellness can help you
Our Chiropractors here at Power Health and Wellness are all qualified to help you with any type of Chiropractic adjustment that you may need. Here are some examples of the types of Chiropractic adjustments we may recommend:
• Spinal Manipulation (variation differs depending on pain)
• Thompson Drop-Table Technique
There are many Chiropractic methods we may choose to move forward with depending on pain levels, discomfort in other areas etc. Our main goal is to give you the pain relief that you have been looking for, so you can go about your day.
How do you know you need a Chiropractic Adjustment/ Talk to a Chiropractor?
If you are thinking about needing to go to a chiropractor, odds are your discomfort level are at the point where, you need some chiropractic adjustment. The most obvious sign is deep joint pains in specific parts of the body. (lower back, neck, spine hurts every time you move a certain way). If you are experiencing joint pain with a mild to severe headache this can also be a sign you should talk to one of our Chiropractic Doctors. Other signs you should look out for are:
• Poor Posture
• Intense Back Pains
• Limited Limb Flexibility
• If You are an Active Person
Our bodies get out of line for many reasons, work may make you stand or sit in difficult positions, intense sports training/weightlifting, or you may have fell in an awkward position. Whatever the case may be please feel free to call us!
The Benefits of Power Health And Wellness Chiropractic Services
Chiropractors diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones, joints, ligaments, and nerves in the body. What does this mean for chiropractic patients? For some it means relief from back pain and neck pain. For others it means improved range of motion and mobility after accident or an injury. Chiropractic care is used for acute injuries and symptoms, ongoing maintenance care, and it helps promote better overall health and an improved quality of life.